Falls in Residences in Indiana
Ready to Hold the Homeowner or Landlord Responsible for Your Injury
Private homeowners and landlords of apartment complexes must keep the premises reasonably safe, repair any hazards on the property, and warn visitors of any dangerous conditions. Failure to do so can lead to an injury suffered by a guest or tenant on their property. Injured guests and visitors may be eligible to file a premises liability lawsuit with the help of an experienced personal injury attorney.
If you have been injured at a private residence in Indiana, McKibben Shaw Law can hold the private homeowner or landlord responsible for your injuries. Our legal team has more than 30 years of experience handling a wide range of slip and fall cases. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients by providing them with knowledgeable and personalized legal representation inside and outside the courtroom.
Contact ustoday at (800) 777-7777 and schedule a free consultation to learn about your legal options. Serving clients throughout Indiana!
Common Slip & Falls Accidents at Residences
Just because you slipped and fell on someone else’s property, does not automatically mean the property owner is at fault. In order to win a slip and fall case against a homeowner or a landlord, you must prove that the defendant was negligent. You must provide evidence that the property owner purposely caused or failed to fix or warn you about a slippery or wet condition or surface that caused your injury.
Our firm handles the following types of slip and fall cases in Indiana residences:
- Falls at apartment complexes and rental houses – Apartments, rental houses, and other rental properties are managed by landlords who are responsible for maintaining the community premises, from individual apartments and swimming pools to washing/drying machines and parking lots. When landlords and property managers slack on their duties and fail to maintain the premises, such negligence can result in serious or catastrophic injuries.
- Falls on swimming pool decks – Many homes, apartment complexes, and even hotels and motels have swimming pools on the property. Property owners have a duty of care to ensure the swimming pool areas—including decks and patios—are safe and properly maintained. Such duties also include periodic inspections. Property owners may be liable for swimming pool accidents if they were negligent in addressing pool-related issues.
- Falls from balconies – If a person falls from a balcony and suffers a serious or fatal injury, the property owner or building manager can be held responsible for the accident if they fail to properly maintain the balcony. Apartment complexes, hotels, condominiums, and even homes must ensure their balconies are built to industry standards and safety codes.
- Falls on decks and porches – A poorly constructed deck or porch can be built on all types of businesses, homes, apartment complexes, and hotels. When a person suffers an injury caused by a poorly constructed deck, it is not uncommon for the property owner or insurance company representing the owner to blame the injured party for causing their own injury, which is why our legal team protect your rights and best interests against powerful entities.
- Falls in showers and tubs – Tubs—including hot tubs—and showers are a staple in many hotels. Since these amenities can be extremely slippery when wet, hotels may install guardrails or slip-resistant flooring to reduce the number of injuries. When a property owner fails to install or maintain safety equipment near tubs and showers, they can be held liable for any slip and fall injuries.
Ready to Fight for You Today!
Do not hesitate to take legal action against the property owner who contributed to your injury. McKibben Shaw Law can investigate the accident, gather and analyze evidence, negotiate with insurers, and help you recover your entitled compensation.
Call (800) 777-7777 or fill out our online contact form to speak with our legal team.
Not just the lawyers you need, but the lawyers you WANT.- Tristen K
Jeff Shaw was Very Professional- Shelby Kunes
Attorney Shaw got me a fair settlement, much more than I thought we were going to get.- Randy & Kathy M
I Told Him He Now Felt Like a Member of Our Family More Than Our Attorney.- Stephanie B.
Your Law Firm Is Number One in Indiana. You Receive an A+ in My Book.- April H.
$5,000,000 Verdict in Indianapolis, IN
Bicyclist Struck by Indianapolis School Bus (independent contractor) Awarded $5M by Indianapolis Jury (Upheld by Verdict, $4.4M Paid)
$3,040,000 Verdict in Gary, IN
Blackjack Dealer Awarded for Slip and Fall on Ice in Trump Casino Parking Lot
$1,750,000 Verdict in Hammond, IN
Child Dies in Fire, Landlord Failed to Provide Adequate Smoke Detectors
$1,460,000 Verdict Near the Ozarks of Missouri
Sheriff's Deputy who Collides With Improperly Transported Manufactured Home Convoy
$750,000 $750,000 Verdict in Delphi, IN
$750,000 Verdict for Lady in Golf Cart Struck by Drunk Driver Awarded by Jury in Carroll County
$750,000 Settlement for Paralyzed Man Shot at Indy Gas Station
Man Shot and Paralyzed at Gas Station by Unknown Assailant from Unruly Crowd That Gathered After Murder of Person the Night Before at Same Site
$750,000 Settlement in Indianapolis, IN
$750,000 Settlement Slip and Fall Indianapolis Woman Falls on Water in Produce Section of Indianapolis Grocery Store Breaking Leg.
$605,000 $605,000 Verdict in Valparaiso, IN
$605,000 Verdict - Child Awarded for Facial Scarring When Landlord Failed to Cover Exposed Hot Water Pipe in Living Room
$500,000 $500,000 Settlement in Bluffton, IN
$500,000 Wrongful Death Settlement in Bluffton, Indiana for Woman Killed When She Crossed Center-Line Into Path of Oncoming Speeding Semi-Truck
$500,000 $500,000 Verdict in Kokomo
$500,000 Verdict for Woman Slip and Fall in Domino's Pizza Restaurant on Water (Reduced to $375,000)