Background of Attorney Jennifer McKibben
Jennifer E. McKibben is an owner and managing partner of Shaw Law. Over the last 15 years, Jennifer has helped thousands of people with personal injury claims in Fort Wayne and across Indiana. In fact, Jennifer has practiced solely in personal injury and wrongful death for her entire legal career. By age 35, Jennifer became the head of the personal injury department at her previous law firm in Fort Wayne – making her one of the youngest department heads of a large personal injury law firm in the United States.
Jennifer has had extensive and unique training as a trial lawyer. She attended several well-known trial colleges offered through the American Association for Justice to hone her skills and learn from some of the best trial lawyers across the country. In this arena, Jennifer eventually was promoted to “teacher”, teaching the trial skills she had acquired to younger lawyers. Jennifer continues to learn modern and updated trial skills through continuing legal education and by reading the latest trial skills books available to attorneys in an effort to make her the best she can be as a lawyer and person.
Jennifer has only one goal when making any decision on her personal injury cases: “what is the best interest of my client?” She will never deviate from that focus. Jennifer will always treat clients with the respect and care that injured people need at a time when it is needed most. As Controlling Owner and Managing Partner of Shaw Law, Jennifer has achieved her life-long dream of owning her own personal injury law firm and helping her community become safer and better as a result.
Jennifer was born and raised in Kokomo, Indiana. Jennifer married Gary McKibben in 2006 – a local high school business teacher and football coach. They have two beautiful children, Alexandria (6) and Hobson (4). Jennifer’s parents, Gene and Norma Davidson, relocated to live in Fort Wayne as well to be around Jennifer and her family.
In her occasional spare time, Jennifer enjoys being with her family, writing poetry, and watching baseball. She remains dedicated to all the people in her life, including her clients (who often become good friends in the process). She is always there when times get tough and tears of compassion are shed together. But, more often than not, Jennifer and her clients have been known to be able to share a laugh together too.
- J.D., McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis (2007)
- B.S., Ball State University, Muncie, 2004, Double Major in English and Psychology, Magna Cum Laude (2004)
- Admitted to Practice in Indiana
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member since 2007
- Allen County Bar Association, Member since 2007
- American Association for Justice, Member since 2007
- 10 Best Attorneys in Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (2015)
- 10 Best Attorneys in Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (2019)
- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, Indiana, Attorney and Practice Magazines (2019)
- Top 10 Under 40, NAOPIA (2018)
- Top 10 Under 40, NAOPIA (2021)