Background of Attorney "JJ" Shaw
Attorney Shaw has experience that few other attorneys can match.
His story is a long one.
While attending law school at the Indiana University, Maurer School of Law, he was able to clerk with Henry Wade in Dallas, Texas, best known as the defendant in the famous Roe v. Wade abortion case and the Prosecuting Attorney of Jack Ruby for his murder of Lee Harvey Oswald in the days following the President Kennedy assassination. Attorney Shaw spent many days talking to Wade about Texas law and the importance of big cases.
The experience was something he never forgot as he learned invaluable tips from the famous attorney on the practice of law and how to be someone a jury could trust.
Soon after law school, Attorney Shaw followed in Mr. Wade's path and became a Deputy Prosecutor, where he tried 100+ of cases in front of juries and Judges in Indiana. He learned the sometimes tricky rules of evidence. More importantly, Shaw learned how to win the trust of a jury by being honest about the facts of the case.
Later, he switched interests to helping people who got hurt by the fault of others.
Attorney Shaw joined the largest insurance defense firm in Northern Indiana -- Spangler, Jennings & Dougherty, P.C. This gave him the opportunity to work for various insurance companies on all types of personal injury cases, such as State Farm Insurance Company, Farm Bureau Ins. Co., Allstate Ins. Co., Farmers Ins. Co., Progressive Ins. Co. and many others. He saw how the insurance companies treated people who were injured by the fault of others and he didn't like what he saw.
Attorney Shaw recovered for clients over $18,000,000 in verdicts/settlements for his clients since 2012.
In his career of over 30+ years, he has tried over 100+ trials (bench and jury).
Attorney Shaw has established a state-wide reputation for fierceness in the court room, mixed with good humor.
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 1989, Dean's List, 1986; Fellowship Recipient, 1987; Moot Court, Final Four, 1988
- B.A., Indiana University, Bloomington, 1986, Dean's List, 1982 Double Major, History and English, B.A.
- Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice Indiana
- Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member Since 1990
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member Since 1995
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Porter County Bar Association, Past President, Porter County Bar, 1998
In fact, it's better than that -- Attorney Shaw has never lost a single jury trial for any premises liability matter. (In fact, he has only a total of 3 jury trial losses in the last 30+ years of jury trials -- and if you ask him, he will explain why each of those decisions were incorrect!).Why Attorney "JJ" Shaw is the Right Choice for You
There are many personal injury attorneys to choose out there. But, there is only one law firm that has a focus on premises liability cases of all types and combines that with the 24/7 transparency you deserve -- including the "EasyCase" smartphone app which shows you BOTH the current estimated value of your claim or case AND when you can expect it to conclude.
Moreover, the EasyCase app shows you each and every step the law firm has taken AND expects to take until your case is concluded.
We invented personal injury case transparency.
You can call Attorney Shaw, call the law firm, check your smartphone app, or Skype -- we are here for you. Every. Single. Moment. Of your Case.Why Attorney Shaw's Approach to Premises Liability Cases is Different
It starts with a simple concept.
You can't expect to win a premises liability case without visiting the premises. You can't prove a dangerous condition of the land if you don't know the land.
Shaw Law takes an aggressive approach with a promise that no other law firm matches -- we promise to visit the site of your injury within 48 hours of you signing up to be our client (as long as the property is public).
- Understand What You Need to Prove
- Remember and Write Down Where the Slip and Fall Happened and What You Fell Upon
- Document the Fact of What Happened by Writing it Down Immediately
- Keep the Clothes and Shoes You Were Wearing
- Ask to Fill Out an Incident Report Immediately or the Next Day if You Forget
- Don't Say Much - Keep Your Words to a Minimum When Talking to Store Manager or Investigator
- Take Cell Phone Photos Immediately or the Next Day
- See Your Doctor, Keep all Appointments and Get Better
- Photograph Your Injuries
- Hire the Right Lawyers and Cooperate - Shaw Law, Indiana's Slip and Fall Attorneys